The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features. Some of these third-party websites may be co-branded with CryptoTaxAudit even though they are not owned, controlled, operated, or maintained by CryptoTaxAudit. These websites are subject to their respective privacy policies. In some cases, we may provide the Offerings jointly with other businesses. For these co-branded offerings in which a third party is involved in your transactions, we will sometimes share or jointly collect customer data related to those transactions with that third party.
Third parties providing services to CryptoTaxAudit et al. are referred to as “Vendors.” CTA will put in place contracts with Vendors which address the requirements of relevant privacy laws. Vendors will be required to use appropriate security measures to protect personal information and will be prohibited from using personal information other than as instructed by the firm.
Vendors who process personal information on behalf of the firm may be located in the United States, Europe, the UK or other countries around the world. CTA will ensure that Vendors comply with any applicable legal requirements for transferring personal information outside the jurisdiction in which it was originally collected.
Third party recipients of personal information relating to clients, business and firm contacts may include:
- Tax and Customs & Excise authorities
- Regulatory, financial and other professional bodies
- Providers of identity verification services
- Credit reference agencies
- The courts, police and law enforcement agencies
- Government departments and agencies
- Auditors and professional advisers (including professional indemnity insurers and advisers)
- Data aggregation and analytic tools
- Data storage and recordkeeping sites
- Account management sites
CTA will use all reasonable efforts to minimize the disclosed personal information necessary in each case.
Data we collect
The data we obtain varies based on the Offerings you use. We obtain personal information through your interaction with the Offerings, such as when you:
- browse our website;
- create an account in an Online Channel;
- register or apply to an Affiliate program;
- sign up for an online program, event, seminar, promotion or sweepstakes;
- request services or information;
- participate in CryptoTaxAudit events including conferences, webinars, surveys, questionnaires, research or evaluations; or correspond with us or request information from us.
The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name email address, telephone number, postal or other physical address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business or billing contacts);
- information used to create your online account (such as username and password);
- business profile and practices information used to evaluate you as a partner;
- photographs, video images, voice recordings or transcripts;
- Social Security numbers, or any other investment, tax, pension, or personal identification information;
- billing and financial information (such as name, billing address, payment card details and bank account information and purchase history);
- Documents which you provide, the tax authorities provide, or we create about your financial, tax, and business activities.
- IRS transcript files about your historical tax activities including tax returns, wage and income documents, account activities, and special assessments and information obtained from state tax authorities.
- IP address and location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code);
- the precise geolocation of your mobile device;
- personal information contained in testimonials you provide or that we obtain from publicly available sources (such as social media channels);
- information necessary to provide support or other paid consulting services (such as contact details, chat services, support details, and event history);
- personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact” feature or other in-product or in-service messaging); and
- other personal information we obtain through our Offerings.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services (including websites and apps for which you have registered);
- help you complete a transaction or order and provide customer support;
- bill you for products and services you purchased;
- provide training, support and consulting services;
- create and manage your account with CryptoTaxAudit;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, developing, enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analytics (such as research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- communicate with you about your account and orders (including sending emails relating to your registration, account status, order confirmations, renewal or expiration notices and other important information);
- conduct advertising, marketing and sales activities (including sending you promotional materials, generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, promotions and surveys;
- verify your identity and protect your account against unauthorized use or abuse of our services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- protect the health, safety and security of our employees;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- maintain and enhance the security of our Online Channels, products, services, network services, information resources and employees; and
- respond to your inquiries.
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is used, and the context in which the data is obtained, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- our legitimate business interests;
- compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
We may combine data collected from you with other sources to help us improve the accuracy of our marketing and communications as well as to help expand or tailor our interactions with you. This includes combining personal information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information (such as referral programs), for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we specify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. By signing a membership agreement, you agree to allow certain personal information data sets and data to be used for online marketing.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner includes IP address and other identifiers associated with your devices including Apple Advertising Identifier or Android Advertising ID, types of devices connected to our Offerings, device characteristics (such as operating system), language preferences, referring/exit pages, navigation paths, access times, browser preferences and characteristics, installed plugins, local time zones, local storage preferences, clickstream data and other information about your online activities.
We use on our Online Channels both first-party cookies (served directly by our website domain when you visit our Online Channels) and third-party cookies (served by a third-party website when you visit our Online Channels and certain third-party websites with whom we have partnered). Some of these cookies are session cookies (which are automatically deleted when you close your browser) and others are persistent cookies (which remain on your computer or other Internet-connected device for a period of time after you end your browsing session, unless you delete them).
The cookies we use on our Online Channels include (1) essential and functional cookies; (2) analytics cookies; and (3) targeting/advertising cookies, as described below.
Essential and Functional Cookies:
We use analytics cookies to collect information on how users navigate and use our Online Channels, such as how the users traverse our Online Channels, the pages they view, how long they stay on a page and whether the page is displayed correctly or whether errors occur. Such cookies help us to improve the performance of our Online Channels and make the Online Channels more user-friendly. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please view the Cookie Preferences link in the bottom of the page for the CryptoTaxAudit business you are interested in managing analytics cookies for.
Advertising cookies are used to control and manage advertisements. These Cookies may collect information on whether a user has reacted to an advertisement and visited another website. Such cookies help us to offer you content and provide targeted information that is more relevant to your interests. They also help us to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements and communications. In the EU, we deploy analytics and advertising cookies on our websites only when users have opted-in as required by applicable law.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Online Channels. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
Additional information about our cookie practices and how to manage your cookie preferences is available in the Cookie Preferences link in the bottom of the page for the CryptoTaxAudit business you are interested in managing cookie preferences for. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using cookies or similar tools.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Online Channels (such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, CryptoTaxAudit is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
When you use our Online Channels, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) collect information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites (such as on websites that serve our ads). We may use such information to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served. You may see certain ads on other websites because we engage third-party ad buying networks. Through such buying networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means.
The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve CryptoTaxAudit advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our websites and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising, click the Cookie Preferences link in the footer at the bottom of the page for the CryptoTaxAudit business you are interested in managing cookie preferences for. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
Our Cookie Preferences link in the bottom of the page for the CryptoTaxAudit business you are interested in provides details about how to exercise your choices (such as changing your cookie preferences).
Third-Party Application Services:
Our use of third-party storage and transfer of information received from third party APIs to any other app will adhere to those third party API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection. CryptoTaxAudit may share personal data in the following ways:
- if sharing your data is necessary to provide a product, service or information you have requested;
- as part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to our business partners;
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information we think you would like to hear from our business partners;
- to connect employees with their company administrator(s);
- with our customers to report and help manage issues requiring support or as part of consulting services;
- with our customers and partners to inform them about their users’ use of our services (such as when a user has obtained credentials or completed a course);
- with service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support, customer relations management and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- with approved CryptoTaxAudit Partners, to offer and provide our products and services to you; and
We also may disclose personal information about you
- if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena),
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request,
- when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss to CryptoTaxAudit, its users or the public as required or permitted by law,
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud, illegal activity, security or technical issues.
In addition, we reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business transaction.
We also may share the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
International Data Transfers
Your Rights and Choices (Opt-out Policies)
To exercise any rights relating to personal information processed on behalf of our customers in connection with the use of our products and services, end users should contact the relevant administrator for the Offering associated with the information, not CryptoTaxAudit. If you are a customer account administrator or customer account owner and require assistance with this process, such as if you want to make a request with respect to your own user data, you may contact us as described below.
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, update, amend or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below or by accessing your CryptoTaxAudit account. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your personal information that we maintain. Depending on your location, you may have the right to file a complaint with a government regulator if you are not satisfied with our response.
These websites also provide detailed information about interest-based advertising and tips for managing your privacy online and in applications. Opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from us or on the Online Channels; rather, opting out means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your interests. When you opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements through the links above, cookies and other technologies on the Online Channels may still collect information about your use of the Online Channels, including for analytics, fraud prevention and any other purpose permitted under the Self- Regulatory Principles.
When you use our Online Channels, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) may collect personal information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites. Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. Our Online Channels are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from web browsers. However, you can manage your cookie preferences in connection with the personal information we collect about you by clicking on the Cookie Preferences link in the bottom of the page for the CryptoTaxAudit business you are interested in managing cookie preferences for.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
You have the right to request an opt-out from personal information shared with non-affiliated third parties by expressing such a request in writing within thirty days. This request must be within the confines of any regulatory statutes and with the understanding that services or offerings may be limited if this request is fulfilled.
Some of the rights described above may be subject to limitations under applicable law.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels.
We regularly inquire and maintain a security program that reviews and enhances security. This program also requires reviews of our third party partners to ensure they are doing their utmost to maintain a regulatory and industry security standard.
Retention of Personal Information
Notice to California Residents
You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties. In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your information. To opt out, click Cookie Preferences link in the bottom of the page for the CTA business you are interested in managing preferences for or email [email protected].
We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
Data Protection Officer
2810 N Church St #274006
Wilmington, DE USA 19802
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 (979) 475-9933